Tuna & Pesto Gnocchetti
This is a traditional pasta, Gnocchetti Sardi or “little Sardinian gnocchi” that people eat on the island of Sardinia--no festival occurs without it being amply served!
An easy and delicious pasta recipe that is ideal for any time of the year! You can even eat it as a pasta salad!
- 14 oz. Organic Gnocchetti Sardi
- 10 oz. Tuna, fresh or canned, chopped
- 15-20 Cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Onion, small, chopped
- 4 oz. White wine (or use one of our balsamic vinegars)
- Salt, to taste and for pasta
- Black pepper to taste
- 3-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( try Pesto EVOO, Basil EVOO, or Tuscan Herb EVOO
- 4.9 oz. (1 jar) Basil alla Genovese
- Over medium heat, add olive oil until warm then add onions. Cook until soft.
- Add the chopped tuna and brown it on all sides then add the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and cook on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta al dente. When the pasta is ready, save a cup of the cooking water before draining it. Drain pasta.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Add the pesto to the pasta and sauce and mix well again. If it seems dry, add a spoonful of the saved pasta cooking water.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe modified from the blog- The Pasta Project