Roasted Beets With Walnuts & Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
I love beets! This brightly colored salad is delicious and good for you! Beets are great sources of fiber, iron, folic acid and potassium (great for lowering blood pressure). Perfect for Fall meals!
- 3-4 Medium Yellow beets
- 3-4 Medium Red beets
- 4 cups Arugula or Mixed Greens
- ¼ cup Walnuts (toasted)
- ¼ cup White Golden Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Koroneiko Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsps. Wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsps. Honey
- Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425°F
- Trim and scrub your beets. Line two baking trays with heavy-duty foil (one for the red and one for the golden beets). Place the beets (separately) in each baking tray, season and add some oil then fold the ends of each packet tightly to seal. Place in a baking tray and place in the middle section of your oven, roast until soft (approximately 40-60 minutes).
- When the beets are cooked, carefully peel when cool then cut into wedges. Keep them separate.
- Place all your dressing ingredients in a glass jar add a pinch of salt and shake until emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
- Arrange salad on a platter. Place the red beets on top, then add the golden beets, scatter the walnuts on top.
- Either pour the dressing over the salad or serve it on the side.