Roasted Cabbage Steaks With Rosemary Olive Oil
Let's celebrate St. Patrick's Day! Sure, we're early but I couldn't help myself. I was too excited about this recipe and it was so simple. St Patrick's Day won't be complete without these Roasted Cabbage Steaks! They're quick, easy, and delicious!
- 1 small head Green cabbage any dark, loose leaves removed
- 1/4 cup Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Guinness Smoked Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1/3 cup Raw pecan halves, toasted
- 1 small lemon halved
- Grated Parmesan
- Fresh herbs, such as thyme or parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Use a nonstick baking sheet.
- Cut off the bottom (root) end of the cabbage and place it on a cutting board sitting up so that the flat end is on the cutting board. Cut top to bottom into 3/4- to 1-inch thick slices.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Brush over one side of the cabbage, then flip the cabbage over and brush the other side.
- Roast the cabbage for 26 to 28 minutes, or until crispy at the edges and tender in the center. The edges may get crispy but don’t worry they're tasty.
- While the cabbage bakes, toast the pecans in the oven. Spread the pecans onto a small, ungreased baking sheet. Toast them in the oven with the cabbage until fragrant. Remove the pecans from the oven and transfer immediately to a cutting board Let cool, then roughly chop.
- Plate cabbage when ready. Sprinkle with Parmesan and fresh herbs. Squeeze the lemon over the top, then finish with the chopped pecans. Serve hot.